Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday: An Italian Wife


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


An Italian Wife
By Ann Hood

Publication Date: September 2

From Amazon:

An Italian Wife opens in turn-of-the-century Italy, when young Josephine Rimaldi is forced to follow her new husband to America in an arranged marriage, finding herself in a strange country with a man she doesn’t know or love. Bound by tradition, she gives birth to seven children; the last, conceived in a passionate affair, Josephine must give up for adoption. Josephine spends the rest of her life searching for this child, keeping her secret even as her other children, whose stories unfold in surprising ways, go off to war, get married, and make their own mistakes. Her son suffers in World War I; her daughter struggles to assimilate in the new world of the 1950s American suburbs; and her granddaughters experiment with the sex, drugs, and rock and roll of the 1970s. Poignant, sensual, and deeply felt, An Italian Wife is a sweeping and evocative portrait of a family bound by love and heartbreak.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!




18 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds like my cup of tea.

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

Hmm. Interesting that is spans so many generations. I hope you enjoy it when you get your hands on a copy!

Reading Away The Days said...

This book sounds interesting.

Laura said...

I think it's interesting that the book seems to focus on her and the descendants and doesn't really mention the husband other than his making her go to America. It sounds like an interesting book. Hope you enjoy it!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

I haven't read any story about arrange marriages in a while so I'm definitely curious about this one. Great pick!

Happy Wednesday!

Shane @ Itching for Books

Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves) said...

This one looks interesting - I will keep an eye out for it!

Kim@Time2Read said...

Just added this one to my TBR! Thanks!

Unknown said...

This one looks good, I really do like books that focus on all the aspects of family and the relationships between family members. Thanks for letting us know about this one!

Yvonne said...

This sounds like a good read.

Tracy said...

This looks interesting. Not one I would normally pick up...

Tracy @ Cornerfolds

Sheri said...

Happy reading! Here is My WOW!

Lori Bree said...

Just added An Italian Wife to my "to read" list! This one looks really good!!!

Mel said...

And...adding this to my TBR pile! Sounds great :)

Jen @ bthreviews said...

It doesn't sound like something I would read, but I really hope you enjoy it :)

Tina's Blog said...

I love Ann Hood! I just got this one as an ARC and can't wait to read it.

Laurie Brown said...

Ooh, I can't wait to read your review on this one!

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty good. Here’s my WoW .

Ash said...

Ohhhh, this sounds amazing! I'm definitely putting this on my TBR list. I just hope it doesn't get confusing or too busy with so many characters and story lines!